new beginnings

This is our 6-year-old girl the morning of her first day of elementary school.  She started the 1st grade at a local public school last Monday.

And this is her little sister, giving the world a shit-eating grin that says, “I don’t start back to preschool ’til after Labor Day, bitches!”

And this is her little sister saying, “Did you hear that?  I don’t go back to school until AFTER LABOR DAY!  And Mommy will push my ass a mile each way as we walk my 6-year-old sister to school every day!  Then she’ll drive my brother to his preschool whilst I sit in the car and sing or eat crackers all morning while remaining in my footie pajamas for HOURS because I DON’T GIVE A DAMN!”

11 responses to “new beginnings”

1. Trish says:

Is she the honey badger? She is, isn’t she?

2. Chad Nikazy says:

This made me laugh out loud. For real.
    Chad Nikazy´s last blog post ..My best friend ran with the bulls and all I got was this interview

3. Angus Nelson says:

I’m with Chad… I nearly snotted myself – “bitches!”
    Angus Nelson´s last blog post ..5+ Ways to Keep from Punching a Wall

4. Julie Marsh says:

She will totally excel at working from home. Footie pajamas are essential.
    Julie Marsh´s last blog post ..I’m not tempted

5. Kim says:

That’s right. Honey badger don’t care.

She does work hard, though, even if school hasn’t started yet. For example, she’s in training for her new school schedule, so she’s been taking an earlier nap to get more rest. So that’s challenging for her. More sleep, all the toys to herself, footie pajamas.

She’s living the dream, who am I kidding?

7. Jett says:

I love her! Good ole spirited babies are the best kind.
    Jett´s last blog post ..murder this boy with your hurt

8. Oh my god, the pearls! That’s one of the sweetest first day of school pictures I’ve seen. (And the gleeful baby is adorable.)
    Korinthia Klein´s last blog post ..The Amazing Milwaukee Race on Bikes!

9. Kids can be so cruel.
    Always Home and Uncool´s last blog post ..Summer Vacation Lessons Learned

10. what a fun read that was, my friend.

11. Faiqa says:

The pearls. I died from the cuteness.
    Faiqa´s last blog post ..Hunger Games and Happy Marriages