This is the dry erase board on which I encouraged the 39 members of my flight last year to write some things for which they could be thankful, even while stuck spending a holiday in Iraq. See? Things weren’t so bad.
I’ve never been one to try and start a meme, but if you’d like to list five things that are worthy of a public “thanks,” please go ahead! Let me know in the comments below that you did so on your blog (or just list a few below).
1) I’m not in the desert this year.
2) good health for all five members of our household (plus Winnie the dog).
3) there’s not a stick in my eye.
4) the Crimson Tide has gone from #24 to #1 in football this season.
5) no matter how bad the economy is, folks will always sue insurance companies, so I’ll always have work.
And most of all, I’m grateful for moments like this one from earlier today at my inlaws’ house:
Happy Thanksgiving from Humor-Blogs!