my “running with the bulls in pamplona” training video (+ interview)

31 Responses to “my “running with the bulls in pamplona” training video (+ interview)”

1. Awesome video! I’m not sure if a Jock Strap would provide any kind of protection against a Bull attack but you may want to pick one up just in case. Even if only to have intact bits and pieces for your wake…
    Chris @ Canadian Dad´s last blog post ..What Exactly Is A “Trophy Husband”?

Thank you…any padding would help, I think.

2. Beta Dad says:

I think you should practice your moves while drunk. I know you say you’re not going to party all night, but you want to be prepared just in case.
    Beta Dad´s last blog post .."I Hate Miami": Does Sports Teach Hostility?

That will be my second training video, and I agree that preparation is the key here.

This just keeps getting funnier the more I watch it. Of course, if you come home with a giant hole through your middle, it won’t be so funny any more, so don’t do that.

That is the plan–no holes in the middle. It’s a simple plan, but it’s a worthwhile one.

4. OHmommy says:

That was AWESOME.

Thanks!

5. Avitable says:

The narration and Rocky theme humming made this video classic. And it’s a good way to remember you before your bovine colonoscopy.
    Avitable´s last blog post ..Remembering Puppy Monster

So, basically, you only liked Deb’s additions and not the talent in FRONT of the camera. I’m not surprised.

6. It only lacked kids and vicious dogs in fake horns chasing you down the street. Good luck. And put in a good word for me with St. Peter.
    Always Home and Uncool´s last blog post ..My Doppelganger

I couldn’t find the right adhesive for my dog’s head, but I tried.

7. Mitchell says:

Great stuff. And if you can out run a woman in sandals carrying a camera with such ease, I figure a one ton bull shouldn’t be a problem.
    Mitchell´s last blog post ..Of Hearts Yet to Be Broken

I like how you think.

8. Angus Nelson says:

You should train with a jock cup worn backwards to protect the “hole”. I can’t imagine a more invasive, painful way to go than becoming a sphincter-ka-bob. God be with you… and your bum.

Great idea! Thanks, I will be asking for Him to be with me, indeed.

9. jco says:

what’s funny is about midway through i saw that little blood spot on your wrist and thought — hmmm, i wonder if he just did that.

great stuff. your wife is very clever.
    jco´s last blog post ..10 Things I Wish My 10 Year Old Knew

You’re super observant! And yes, I’m lucky to have had a good wife/director/cinematographer.

Pretty Bride Reply:

You’re both sweet. This whole film was his idea, I ought to confess. He’ll be entering it at Sundance–please vote for him.

10. Listen. I WANT to believe that rolling around in your driveway is suitable training for escaping a bovine colonoscopy in Pamplona. I’m just worries that it might not give you all of the skills you’ll need to survive.

But I’m sure you’ll be fine.

On an unrelated note, your wife is the best documentarian ever. I’m going to record her humming the Rocky theme and turn it into my ringtone.
    Didactic Pirate´s last blog post ..Showing Up

Ha! Please do. She’d love knowing her “mouth trumpet” has universal appeal and listenership.

Pretty Bride Reply:

I TOLD YOU. PEOPLE LOVE THE MOUTH TRUMPET. I WIN!

11. Do I need to come over with a Viking helmet and some beer? Seriously, I’ll be the stand-in bovine.

Good luck, man. I’ll still hang with you even if you do have a colostomy bag after said goring.
    Coal Miner’s Granddaughter´s last blog post ..In Memoriam

Yes! I thought of that idea, but I couldn’t get the helmet to stick to the dog’s head. You’d be a better bovine anyway.
    And, I appreciate your deep and sincere friendship here.

12. Whit says:

Will there be an open bar at the wake?
    Whit´s last blog post ..New Face of Dad: The Video

Absolutely.

13. Chad Nikazy says:

“It’s adventure. It’s a big celebration.” I’ve heard you say that many times. It seldom ends well.
    Chad Nikazy´s last blog post ..How surf films changed my life

Let’s hope this instance doesn’t involve local law enforcement.

14. Miss Britt says:

I will be shocked if you don’t stay up drinking the night before, but you’re also the perkiest hungover dude I’ve ever met, so that’s OK.

I love that your training involves running while looking over your shoulder.
    Miss Britt´s last blog post ..You Can’t Be Happy If You Run From Your Feelings

I’m glad you noticed my subtleties there.

15. [...] my “running with the bulls in pamplona” training video (+ interview) [...]