an experiment

What I have is this:

But what I was going for is this:

But it ain’t happening.  At least, not on Day 16 of Movember.

But by day 30?  I’ll totally be there.

19 Responses to “an experiment”

1. Avitable says:

I think I grow that much in a day. It’s cute that you’re trying, though.
    Avitable´s last blog post ..Schwinnnggg! It’s a giveaway! And pop culture trivia! And exclamation points!!!

@avitable, Thanks for your support. Asshole.

The Honourable Husband Reply:

@Adam The jaunty fair complexion of the Muskrat means he’ll maintain a youthful look when so many of us resemble a post-Watergate Richard Nixon. Or, in my case, Burl Ives.

@the ‘Scrat. The moustache looks great, and is very becoming. You need a goatee to go with it, though. Or at least a soul patch. You’d look very Michael York as D’Atragnan.
    The Honourable Husband´s last blog post ..Does an irony about an irony cancel itself out?

@H Husband, Thanks! I think. I’d love something on the chin, but Movember is for mustaches only, it seems, and you know I’m a big rule follower.

2. Dave2 says:

That Muskrat is so hot right now.
    Dave2´s last blog post ..Exploding

@dave2, It’s like I’m slathered in hotness sauce, is it not?

3. Holmes says:

It’s shocking the level of effort those dudes went to for their mustaches back in the day. Shocking.
    Holmes´s last blog post ..My Name Isn’t, But Could Be, Earl

@holmes, Clearly the had skills I will never need to hone.

4. There goes my plan for surprise muttonchops.
    Always Home and Uncool´s last blog post ..This One Has Teeth

@always home, I’ll act surprised like I did that Christmas I found everything covered with a blanket in the garage.

5. beta dad says:

That’s gonna look awesome in a couple months!

@beta dad, Right…after the military makes me get rid of all but the ‘stache the first weekend of December? On 12/1, it dies.

6. Sybil Law says:

I am impressed! Looks good!

@SLaw, I don’t care if you’re sincere or not–thanks!

7. Miss Britt says:

I highly recommend not moving into your new neighborhood until December.
    Miss Britt´s last blog post ..How Exclusion Brings Us Closer

@Miss Britt, Noted. There are lots of Joneses in the new ‘hood who might not “get” me.

8. Jack says:

Marker and silly string. Get the appropriate colors and give them to the kids and they’ll set out up. It will look perfect.

@jack, That is a very dangerous but enticing idea!

9. arizaphale says:

I give you marks for effort!
    arizaphale´s last blog post ..He’s Heeeere!!